Sunday, February 16, 2014

It's Already Been A Year?!?

Today, February 16th, is my bookiversary. Exactly one year ago today I clicked publish on BlackMoon Beginnings. Isn't that crazy? One year. I'm shocked. So much has happened in a year's time. I'm so glad I took that step outside of my comfort zone and pushed that button. That one simple button changed so many things.

I also just want to take this moment to thank everyone who has downloaded, read, rated, and/or told others about The Prophesized Series. You all have changed my life in so many amazing ways. I never saw myself doing something like this, but I'm so glad I did. Your support means so much to me. None of this would be possible without you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Since today marks a big day for me, I decided to release the cover for my next novel, Redeeming Lainey. I still don't have an official date as I'm still working on it, but I promise it'll be soon. I don't want to give an official date until I'm done with it. College has gotten a little hectic, so I haven't been able to work as fast as I usually do.

This will be my first book that is going to be released in both e-book and print formats. There is going to be a real book with real pages with a real cover with my name on it. That seems pretty official to me. (That part freaks me out a little if you couldn't tell.) This book is the longest book I have written to date. Here is the cover:




This is a mature YA novel that contains some subject matter than may not be suitable for younger readers. 

When Lainey left the little farming town in Iowa on her eighteenth birthday, she thought she was finally free. She didn’t have to live in fear anymore wondering which day was going to be her last. For those two years, she was able to live in peace. She’d made a new friend, was going to a school she loved, and was setting the path for her future career.

That all changed with one phone call from her mother.

With the push of her best friend, Randi, Lainey goes back into the town she once promised was forever in her rear-view mirror. The dark memories of her past loom around every corner, and Lainey can’t seem to conquer the demons inside of her in order to fully move on.

Bryce, on the other hand, had moved on. During middle school and high school, Lainey was his best friend, and it tore him apart when she left with only a note. A simple note saying good-bye and have a great life.

Without his best friend around, Bryce’s life quickly spiraled out of control. He got into drugs, had some trouble with the law, and found himself partying a little too hard. Sweet Annabeth brought him out of that stage in his life, and ultimately saved his life.

With Lainey back in town, Bryce is at a loss at what do. She wants nothing to do with him or the town, but he is the only person who knows her full history and may be able to help her. Knowing that Lainey’s a flight risk, and with one wrong move, she’d pack everything up and leave again, Bryce steps out to help her find the one thing she doesn’t know she needs.

Redemption.

*****
Thoughts on the cover? It was designed by the amazing Victoria Faye from Whit and Ware Design. She's designed all of my book covers so far. If you like this one, be sure to tell her! :)

I'm really nervous about this book, but I'm also really excited to share this story with you all. It's been received well by the few beta readers I've let read it. I just have to add a few more finishing touches and then it'll be out of my hands and into yours.

That's all I have for now. Thanks for stopping by my blog, and I hope you all have a fantastic day!

5 comments:

  1. I love the cover! Can't wait to read this book : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cover looks nice. Cannot wait. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So awesome....your books are the $&!+! Like McDonald's fries....(I'm lovin´ it!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am shocked it has only been a year! You've had an incredibly successful year! You should feel extremely proud of yourself as getting a book written to completion is a dream some people never reach. Congrats, Kaitlyn!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Therefore, the liver transplant is the most dependable treatment for a person who is suffering from a major liver failure.
    " There are versions of it on Youtube, where you can also watch a real croc breathe instead, but it is simply done as follows: Lie face down with your forehead on your hands. Meanwhile other new cinematographers with different ideas were also emerging, like Ashok Mehta (36 Chowrangi Lane), especially with black and white.

    Here is my web site: strengthen the diaphragm

    ReplyDelete

Share some love: please leave a comment :) I read and try to reply to all comments. Thanks for stopping by and supporting me! Ya'll are awesome!