Sunday, October 27, 2013

It's almost November!

Can you believe it? It's almost November. If anyone that visits this blog is a writer, you probably know what November means:



National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo) is a fun, seat-of-your-pants approach to creative writing. On November 1, participants begin working towards the goal of writing a 50,000-word novel by 11:59 p.m. on November 30. Valuing enthusiasm, determination, and a deadline, NaNoWriMo is for anyone who has ever thought fleetingly about writing a novel. 

I've only known about NaNoWriMo for about two years now. Last year, I didn't participate in it...and I can't remember why now. This year, I shouldn't be participating in it because I need to keep editing Reaching Retribution, but I figured what the heck. I think I can continue editing and write 50K and keep up on my school work. It can't be that hard, right?

Well, I'm going to find out.

If you're participating in NaNoWriMo, I'd love to "buddy" you! If you send me an email or comment below with your NaNoWriMo username, I'll add you and we can encourage each other to keep writing! If you'd rather add me, that totally works too!

Buddy me please :) Link: http://nanowrimo.org/participants/kaitlynhoyt

We don't want to have any of these moments:

image 

If you've ever wanted to take a stab at writing, you should trying this! Even if you can't write the 50K, it should be a good experience. I wrote all of BlackMoon Beginnings in less than a months time and that novel is almost 90K, so it's totally possible to do!

Prophesized Series Information:

Since it's almost November, do you realize what that means? There's only a month until I publish Reaching Retribution! That's crazy!

Well, I have a challenge for you all.

If we can get BlackMoon Beginnings into the top 1000 for Free Books on Amazon within a week (Nov. 3rd), I'll post the first POV section for RR on my blog. If it gets into the Top 500, I'll post the first whole chapter. A lot can happen in the first chapter.

Right now, BlackMoon Beginnings is ranked around the 3,000 mark. If everyone tells one other person about the book, it can easily get up there. If that doesn't happen, that's totally fine! I'll still keep posting teasers, but they will be short teasers like before. I still have a small teaser that I'll post this week on Tuesday!

Here's the Amazon link:


If you're really itching to know what might happen next, tell a friend. It's that easy. Thank you for everyone who has already spread the word about this series. You all are amazing and I really appreciate all you do for me! Keep being awesome :)

image
 Thanks for reading! Have a great week!

8 comments:

  1. I'm REALLY going to try my name is lorlor2345

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried searching for you, but I can't seem to find you. :(

      Delete
  2. I can't wait for Reaching Retribution, I've loved the other books in the prophesized series.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for letting us know about this competition! I really want to try this out. My username for NaNoWriMo is Taskia.C

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tried writing a book over the summer before I entered 8th grade I am 13. I made so many grammar errors I just deleted the book. I got 30 pages written so that made me sad. I was absolutely inspired by your blog that said your not to young to write. I think I should wait till I am at least in 10th grade though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Writing a book isn't an easy task. It's okay to wait until you're ready! I didn't start writing until I was 18 :) If you ever do start writing before then, never delete anything. Someday, you might look back on what you wrote when you were younger and become inspired again!

      Delete
  5. I'm 13 but I still think it would be a good thing to do i love reading and I enjoy writing do I'm goona give it a shot my name is Britishbookworm99 do u no how to add buddies on the website Thanx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like fun, I just signed up I'm Clever Girl

    ReplyDelete

Share some love: please leave a comment :) I read and try to reply to all comments. Thanks for stopping by and supporting me! Ya'll are awesome!