Thursday, November 21, 2013

Clearing up some confusion!

Hello! My name is Kaitlyn and I'm here to clear up some confusion.

First off, I'm sorry that I didn't post a teaser for this week! I haven't had time to get one together. I'm entering that "throw in all remaining tests, quizzes, and projects before finals week" period at the end of the semester. In fact, I'm writing this post quickly before I head to the library on campus to work on a project.

This pretty much sums up the end of a college semester.


It's been hard finding time to edit, so I apologize for the lack of teasers this week. Hopefully, I'll be able to get a RR teaser up next week! Right now, I have to keep up on my school work, but my goal is to finish my last round edits this weekend.

Time for the confusion clearing:

Reaching Retribution is the conclusion novel to the Prophesized Series. I was always intending for this series to have four novels and four novels only. If you want to, you can stop reading there. The book has an official ending. No cliffhangers. There is a THE END on the last page. I made sure to tie everything together.

When I started writing the bonus POVs, I started to learn more about my other characters and I wanted them to have an official ending too. Because of that, I'm writing their stories and putting them into one book. The fifth book that I've been talking about is not a continuation of the series. It just wraps everything up into a nice little bow. I've already written two POVs for this book and IT'S ADORABLE. I love it.

If you don't want to continue reading after Reaching Retribution, you don't have to. If you don't want to know more about the characters after the events of RR, you don't have to read it. If you'd rather imagine what happens to all of the mages, do that. I won't be hurt :) These stories will just be a fun, cute read.

Here's my upcoming publishing goals:

December 7th: Reaching Retribution

Spring of 2014: Mature YA Contemporary Novel--The prologue to this book is at the end of Reaching Retribution.

Summer of 2014: Fifth Book (The short stories)
Random Tom Hiddleston gif...because I can. You are welcome.

That's all the information I wanted to share. Hopefully that clears up some confusion regarding my upcoming novels. I hope you all have a fantastic rest of the week and weekend. :)

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe you're only nineteen years old, you write like an adult. You are an amazing writer and I can't wait to read Reaching Retribution!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take care of your school work the book will be great. And if it takes a little longer for RR to come out we will all have to be patient. I'm amazed that you can do so much and still write such wonderful books. Looking forward to the next one even if it is delayed.

    ReplyDelete

Share some love: please leave a comment :) I read and try to reply to all comments. Thanks for stopping by and supporting me! Ya'll are awesome!