Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!

It's Thanksgiving! Does anyone else think it's absolutely crazy that it's already Thanksgiving time? This year is almost over. Next thing you know, it'll be Christmas. I sometimes think it's still 2012, but it's almost 2014?!? What?

Though we should be doing this all year around, today is the day where we think about what we're thankful about. I decided to make a blog post about that, because I'm much better with words than I am at saying stuff out loud.

To my mom: Though you threaten to create a blog to tell the world how crazy I really am (I think they already know), I really appreciate all you do for me. You've always been my biggest supporter. You accept my weirdness and only roll your eyes at my incessant fandom references and puns, and for that I'll always be grateful. You made me into the person I am today and I can't image what I would do with you. Also, you birthed me, and that's pretty cool. I literally wouldn't be here if it weren't for you. Thanks!

To rest of my family: I guess I'm thankful for you too. Haha Love you :)

To Elizabeth and Krista: You girls are silly, and I'm thankful for it.

Elizabeth: I've known you for...seven? eight years now? I'm not good with numbers, but I know that it's been a long time. We became friends because our bus driver assigned us to the same seat. IF SHE DIDN'T DO THAT...

You're not just a friend. You're part of my family. In fact, my family considers you family. It's pretty legit. Thank you for being my best friend. Also, I really appreciate that you're a nerd too, because most people don't understand my references and I'm usually like "Elizabeth would have appreciate that." Can't wait for Catafornia :)

Krista: You haven't killed me in my sleep. I'd say that deserves a giant thank you. I met you when searching for a roommate online before college. You put up with me talking to myself and my fictional characters. You just ignore most of my weirdness and strange quirks. In that time, we sort of became a package deal. Thank you for sticking with me. :)

To my readers: YOU ARE THE BEST.

Seriously, thank you so much for taking a chance on me. You picked up a book from a writer, a teenaged writer, and read it. Many of you even finished it! Some even read the sequels!

Mind. Blown.

Thank you for telling others about my books. Thank you for all your questions, comments, emails, etc. It makes me so giddy when I get questions about my books, because it lets me know that you all want to know more about the characters and the world that I created. They are as real to you as they are to me. It's incredible. Thank you for everything. I feel like this post is getting very repetitive with all the thank yous, but I don't know what else to say beside that.

You all have changed my life in so many unbelievable ways. If I wasn't writing, I'd be a simple teenage girl just chilling in college...probably vegging out while watching TV. Now, I get to write while vegging out in front of a TV. Unbelievable. I'm kidding about that (not really though. I do do that), but you've all surprised me in so many ways. I can't even think of an example--that's how confused and amazed I am at you all.

I don't know what I ever did to deserve it, but I really appreciate the support. If you all knew how many times you've made me cry, you probably wouldn't be as supportive of me as you are. You guys make me cry happy tears all the time! I can't believe that this is my life now. It's stressful and crazy, but I can't imagine doing anything else. I hope that I can continue to create works that you all can enjoy and are worthy of your support.

Just a little tip, if you've been a supporter of me from the beginning, you should read the acknowledgements section at the beginning of Reaching Retribution. :)

Happy Thanksgiving. If you don't celebrate Thanksgiving, Happy Thursday!

I hope you all have a fantastic day, and stay safe if you're going shopping tonight! It gets crazy out there!

2 comments:

  1. I am thankful that there are writers like you in this world who creates such wonderful stories for others to read, and are so passionate about their work that they inspire others to do the same thing. The Prophesized Series is one of my most favorite book series and I really love its characters. You have probably heard that line many times before, but it really is true. You are a really great writer and I am looking forward to reading Reaching Retribution. THANKS AGAIN for creating this wonderful book series, and inspiring others, including me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think us readers should be thanking you for taking the time to write these amazing books while you're busy with school also I really dont know what to say but you're simply incredible. I'm a person who loves to read A LOT ( I can read 1-2 books a day when I really have time) but I only have 2 series I can read over and over and still enjoy every moment and your series is one of them (already read the first 3 three times since I found blackmoon beginnings a couple months ago) so for you to be so young and talented and to take the time out of your busy schedule for us to have the pleasures of your books WE should be thanking you

    ReplyDelete

Share some love: please leave a comment :) I read and try to reply to all comments. Thanks for stopping by and supporting me! Ya'll are awesome!